Communications Vacancies at CEC
Conference of European Churches
The Conference of European Churches has two staff vacancies in the area of communications. The first is a one–year maternity leave cover contract. The second is for a communications assistant. Both are based in Brussels.
Staff Vacancy Notice
Job title: Communication Coordinator (Maternity Leave cover)
Reports to: General Secretary
Starting date: Beginning of July 2017
Contract: 1 year, fixed term, full time
Place: Conference of European Churches General Secretariat, Brussels
Description: The Communications Coordinator is an experienced communications professional with knowledge of the Conference of European Churches and its membership, as well as the European political institutions. The core responsibility of this position through the end of June 2018 is preparation for the 15th CEC General Assembly in Novi Sad. The position is based in Brussels (Belgium). Moving and relocation expenses are not covered by the Conference of European Churches.
- Develop and implement a communications plan for the 15th CEC General Assembly, which will take place in Novi Sad in June 2018. This includes recruiting a communications team for Novi Sad and working closely with the Assembly Coordinator on all aspects of assembly communications from branding to livestreaming to media relations and translation.
- Host and moderate a gathering for European church and ecumenical communicators in Paris in September 2017.
- Maintain regular CEC communication platforms including press releases, website (ceceurope.org), Facebook and Twitter accounts, weekly email newsletter, and more.
- Travel to support CEC events and consultations throughout Europe.
- Work closely with the Communications Assistant to carry out day–to–day work
- Prepare CEC 2017 Annual Report.
- Develop media and Member Church relations on an ongoing basis.
- Implement and update CEC communications strategies, including media relations, social media, website development, and publications.
- Experience leading a communications team
- Experience preparing communications for a major conference or event
- Excellent English skills, especially written. Proficiency with French or German also an asset.
- Good knowledge of a range of software and tools including WordPress, Adobe, Microsoft, MailChimp, Facebook and Twitter. Basic photograph and graphic design skills are also an asset.
- Knowledge of CEC Member Churches, the Conference of European Churches and its work, and the European political institutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a new working environment with a multicultural team.
- Work with media and act as a spokesperson for CEC if necessary.
A pleasant atmosphere in a small European team
A competitive salary package
An international working environment
CEC is an equal opportunities employer
Please send your application (CV + cover letter) in English, Ref. CEC–CC , to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention of the General Secretary by 28 April 2017.